Enjoy this insanely delicious Italian recipe featuring mild Toscano ground sausage, creamy white Bolognese sauce, and tangy parmesan cheese tossed in tender pappardelle noodles–the tastiest, easiest way to reach pasta nirvana!
- Carando Toscano Ground Sausage1 Package
- Pappardelle Pasta1 Pound
- Large Fennel Bulb, Diced1
- Celery, Diced1/2 Head
- Large Yellow Onion, Diced1
- Fresh Garlic, Minced5 Cloves
- White Wine1 Cup
- Chicken Stock2 Cups
- Unsalted Butter6 Tablespoons
- Fresh Basil, Minced1/4 Cup
- Italian Parsley, Minced1/4 Cup
- Parmesan Cheese, Grated1/2 Cup
Brown the sausage over medium-high heat in a large, heavy pan.
Add the fennel, celery, onion, and garlic to the pan and cook until just tender.
Deglaze with the wine, add the stock, and reduce by half.
Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
Boil the pasta until al dente.
Drain the pasta, reserving about 2 cups of the pasta water.
Return the pasta to the pot, add the Bolognese sauce, and bring to a boil.
Add the butter, cheese, and enough pasta water to make it a little saucy, stirring constantly.
Transfer to a platter, garnish with the basil and parsley, and serve immediately.