Warm up with an easy soup recipe including Carando's Abruzzese meatballs and your favorite type of torellini.
- Pkg. Carando Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs16 oz.
- Chopped yellow onion1 cup(s)
- Sliced carrot1 cup(s)
- Garlic, cut into slivers3 clove(s)
- Box no salt added beef stock32 oz.
- Can diced tomatoes28 oz.
- Can tomato paste8 oz.
- Dry red wine1/2 cup(s)
- Water1/2 cup(s)
- Dried basil1/2 tsp.
- Dried oregano1/2 tsp.
- Large bell peppers, chopped2 whole
- Sliced zucchini1 1/2 cup(s)
- Frozen cheese tortellini16 oz.
- Chopped fresh italian parsley1 tbsp.
Crumble meatballs and cook in 6-quart stockpot over medium-high heat until well browned. Add onion, carrot and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
Stir in beef stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, water basil and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add remaining ingredients; simmer an additional 30 minutes. If desired, serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Leftovers freeze well.
*For an extra kick, use Carando Sicilian Italian Style Meatballs.