Looking for different meatball dinner ideas, try our Tuscan Baked Orechhiette. Carando's Classic Italian recipes are sure to please.
- Carando Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs16 oz.
- olive oil2 tbsp.
- garlic, minced2 clove(s)
- bunch tuscan kale, stems removed and chopped1 whole
- can diced tomatoes28 oz.
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- orecchiette pasta (3 cups)12 oz.
- shredded italian cheese blend1 1/2 cup(s)
Heat oven to 350ºF. In large skillet, cook meatballs over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until internal temperature reaches at least 165ºF. Remove meatballs from skillet.
In same skillet, sauté garlic 1 minute. Add kale and sauté until bright green and wilted.
Cut meatballs in half; add to kale. Sauté until kale is tender. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss with meatballs and kale mixture. Pour into greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle top with cheese.
Bake at 350ºF. for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
* For an extra kick, use Carando Sicilian Italian Meatballs