- extra virgin olive oil, divided5 tbsp.
- sweet onion, peeled and cubed1 whole
- garlic, peeled and minced1 clove(s)
- Carando Mozzarella Rustica meatballs1 pkg(s)
- red bell pepper, seeded and cubed1 whole
- green bell pepper, seeded and cubed1 whole
- white wine1 cup(s)
- tomato sauce2 cup(s)
- oregano1 tbsp.
- small package white mushrooms, cut in half1 whole
- pieces dry porcini mushrooms5
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a sauté pan, add 3 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, onions, and garlic over medium-high heat. Sauté until golden, approximately 10 minutes. Add 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and the remaining ingredients, stirring lightly. Bring to a simmer, approximately 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a pre-greased 9″x13″ glass baking dish.
Place in oven and cook until the meatballs are cooked through, approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Take out and serve immediately. Buon appetito!