Use Carando's Muffuletta for your next muffuletta sandwich. This sandwich recipe idea includes hot pickled peppers for added flavor.
- Carando Capicola, sliced4 oz.
- Carando Mortadella, sliced4 oz.
- Carando Soppressata, sliced4 oz.
- pitted olives, chopped1 cup(s)
- minced shallots1 tbsp.
- minced celery1 tbsp.
- roasted red pepper strips1/2 cup(s)
- capers, rinsed, dried, and chopped2 tbsp.
- italian hot pickled peppers (pepperoncini or giardiniera) , chopped2
- olive oil3 tbsp.
- red wine vinegar1 tbsp.
- round loaf focaccia or italian bread1 whole
- provolone cheese, sliced4 oz.
Combine olives, shallot, celery, red peppers, capers, hot peppers and olive oil in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Season to taste with vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Slice bread lengthwise in half. Use fork to scoop out soft bread from each half, leaving a ½-inch shell.
Spoon olive salad into both bread halves. Layer capicola, mortadella, soppressata and cheese over bottom half of bread.
Cover with remaining top slice of bread. Slice into four wedges and serve immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.