- 16 oz. Carando Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs16 oz.
- 5 Tbsp. Olive oil, divided5 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Packed fresh basil1/2 cup(s)
- 1 clove(s) Large garlic1 clove(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Plus 3 tablespoons, shredded parmesan cheese, divided1/2 cup(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Walnut pieces1 Tbsp.
- 2 Tsp. Lemon juice2 Tsp.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Orzo pasta1 1/2 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Chopped sweet onion1/2 cup(s)
- 16 Asparagus spears, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces ( 1 cup)16
- 1 cup(s) Whole milk1 cup(s)
- 2 Tsp. Flour2 Tsp.
- 1 cup(s) Heavy cream1 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Green peas1 cup(s)
Using a large, deep-sided skillet, cook meatballs in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until internal temperature reaches at least 165ºF. Remove meatballs from skillet.
Combine remaining 3 tablespoons oil, basil, garlic, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, walnuts and lemon juice in food processor or blender. Pulse until finely minced.
Cook orzo according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, sauté onion for 3 minutes over medium-high heat using same skillet meatballs were cooked in. Add asparagus; sauté 3 minutes.
Whisk together milk and flour. Add milk to onion and asparagus; cook and stir until just starts to thicken. Stir in pesto and heavy cream until well blended.
Stir in meatballs, orzo and peas; continue cooking until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.