Carando's Italian Meatball Slides are sure to please at your next event or even just for a quick easy dinner that is kid friendly.
- Carando Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs16 oz.
- butter1 tbsp.
- olive oil1 tbsp.
- finely diced sweet onion1/4 cup(s)
- minced garlic1 tsp.
- can tomato sauce15 oz.
- dried oregano1/4 tsp.
- dried thyme1/4 tsp.
- grated parmesan cheese3 tbsp.
- french baguette, cut 24 thin diagonal slices1 whole
- provolone or mozzarella cheese, cut into quarters6 slice(s)
- fresh basil leaves, optional
Melt butter with olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is very tender and golden brown.
Stir in tomato sauce, oregano and thyme. Simmer until thickens, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Stir in Parmesan.
Smash meatballs slightly with hands to about 1/2-inch thick. Cook in large skillet over medium heat until internal temperature reaches at least 165ºF. and no longer pink.
Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet. Place under broiler to toast. Flip slices over and repeat.
Place 1 piece of cheese on 12 baguette slices. Top with large spoonful of marinara sauce, basil leaf if desired, meatball slider and another piece of cheese. Place under broiler to melt cheese. Place second slice on top and serve.