- 1 Package Carando Hot Sicilian Sausage1 Package
- 1 Pound Ziti Pasta1 Pound
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil¼ Cup
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Julienned1 Large
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Julienned1 Large
- 5 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced5 Cloves
- ½ Cup White Wine½ Cup
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce2 Cups
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream1 Cup
- ¾ Pound Fontina Cheese, Shredded¾ Pound
- ¼ Cup Fresh Basil, Minced¼ Cup
- ¼ Cup Italian Parsley, Minced¼ Cup
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated½ Cup
Cook sausage according to package instructions, allow to cool, then slice into ½ inch rounds.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook ziti according to package instructions, drain, and rinse.
While the pasta is cooking, heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, then the onion, peppers, and garlic and sauté until tender.
Deglaze the pan with the white wine, add the marinara sauce and cream and bring to a boil.
Add the pasta and sausage and combine well.
Top the skillet with the fontina and bake at 375ºF for about 20 minutes, or until bubbly and starting to brown.
Garnish with the parsley, basil, and Parmesan, and add in hot sauce to taste. Serve hot.