- 1 pack Carando Mild Toscano Italian Sausage1 pack
- 2 cups Arborio rice, rinsed2 cups
- 3 cups Water3 cups
- 5 Small tomatoes, diced5
- 1 Small red onion, julienned1
- 1 Red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and julienned1
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled and julienned1
- 1 clove Garlic, grated1 clove
- ¼ cup Fresh basil, minced¼ cup
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh oregano, minced1 Tbsp.
- ½ cup Red wine vinegar½ cup
- 1 ½ cups Extra virgin olive oil1 ½ cups
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard3 Tbsp.
In a rice cooker, instant pot or on the stove, combine the rinsed Arborio rice, water, and a pinch of salt, and cook according to instructions.
When the rice is done, transfer it to a large, shallow dish and allow to cool completely.
While the rice is cooking, heat the grill to medium-high heat.
As the grill comes to temperature, whisk together the vinegar and mustard, then slowly add the olive oil while whisking.
Combine all vegetables and herbs with the rice, making sure to break up any clumps, then add the vinaigrette. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Grill sausages until cooked through to 160°F, then transfer to a plate to rest.
Transfer the rice salad to a large platter, top with sausages, and serve immediately.