- extra virgin olive oil2 tbsp.
- onion, finely diced1 whole
- garlic, finely chopped1 clove(s)
- Carando Abruzzese meatballs1 pkg(s)
- cream cheese, room temperature, cubed8 oz.
- cream2 cup(s)
- artichoke hearts, strained and chopped2 can(s)oz.
- leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme
- fresh lemon juice2 tbsp.
- pepper, plus more to taste1 tsp.
- salt to taste
- parmesan cheese1/2 cup(s)
In a deep sauté pan or saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium-high. Add chopped onions and garlic, and sauté until onions are translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Crumble the meatballs and add to mixture, stirring often until meatball pieces are cooked through, approximately 15 minutes. Add the cream cheese and combine ingredients. Allow ingredients to come to a simmer, stirring occasionally to break up the cream cheese.
Turn down to medium heat. Continue simmering until mixture starts to slightly thicken, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Add strained and chopped artichokes, thyme leaves, lemon juice, pepper, and salt. Bring mixture back to a simmer and stir often to mix the ingredients well, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Once back to a simmer, take mixture off heat and add parmesan cheese while stirring. If the dip is too thick, add additional cream to thin out the mixture.
Transfer to a large bowl and serve immediately. Enjoy!